I’ve learnt that self-doubt is the only thing holding me back from developing my skills. Though there are many times where I think “I can’t”, the “I can’s” are definitely starting to outweigh them.
Hafsa Ahmed, Career Ready student, Haverstock School
Career Ready isn’t aimed at confident, strong academic students who already know what they want to do after school or college; it isn’t for students with a wealth of professional career experience in their family; and it isn’t for students who know what they want to achieve. Career Ready is for students with potential, who need the guidance and opportunities to compete on a level-playing field for the best careers in the country.
Career Ready helps students aged16-19 to:
- Unlock their potential and raise aspirations
- Develop employment skills and experiences
- Benefit from a mentor and an internship
- Gain exciting, life-changing opportunities and real-life work experiences
To become a Career Ready student they must:
- Be studying a full time, two year, level three programme, such as A Levels, BTEC, International Baccalaureate or at least one Higher
- Plan to stay in college or school full time until completing their studies or until S6
- Have the right to work in the UK and be available for the minimum four-week internship, starting in the last week of summer term
- Have parental or carer agreement
“Before the programme I had little confidence, lacked self belief and I didn’t enjoy speaking to new people. I intended to leave school at the end of S4 and complete an apprenticeship in joinery. Andie Krauss, my mentor from Morgan Stanley, has supported me continuously and encouraged me. It was particularly good to have him help me out with decisions regarding life after school and university courses.
Ryan Thorne, Career Ready student, Glasgow and Sir Winfried Bischoff Award winner 2016
If you have students that you know could do better with the right motivation and guidance, then you can transform their lives with Career Ready.
Contact us now