First year students on the Career Ready programme are invited to tell us about their 140 hours in the workplace on social media for the chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
Career Ready is campaigning to increase the number of businesses offering 140 hour internships to students. We want to work with even more businesses to boost social mobility, bridge the skills gap and develop their talent pipeline.
Career Ready students have to complete at least 140 hours of work experience to graduate from our programme. We want to encourage students to showcase how transformational these 140 hours can be.
To enter, students need to upload a Facebook post, tweet or Instagram picture that sums up their experiences on their placement and how it has helped them to get Career Ready.
When sharing the picture, students need to include the hashtag #140hours. Students could share:
- a picture or image montage
- an inspirational quote or idea from their supervisor or another colleague
- a short blog post
- a short film clip
- or any other creative representation of their internship or work experiences.
To get involved students need to:
- share a post on our Facebook page and include the caption #140hours
- tweet mentioning our student account @IAmCareerReady using the hashtag #140hours
- share a photo or video on Instagram and tag us @CareerReadyUK including #140hours
The competition will close on Saturday 2 September, and the winners will be announced in the week commencing Monday 4 September.
We encourage students to remember the importance of professional behaviour in the workplace. This includes waiting until their lunch break or until they get home to share a social media post. If they are taking a picture of a colleague, or are mentioning them, they must ask permission first.