Thank you for your interest in working for Career Ready. We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
Regional Manager West Lothian, Scotland
West Lothian, Scotland
£30,000 - £34,000 pro rata, part-time two days per week
25 days holiday pro rata + public holidays
Regional Manager needed for Career Ready, a UK-wide charity linking employers with schools and colleges to prepare young people for the world of work.
Our purpose is to boost social mobility and transform young people’s life chances and aspirations through learning about career pathways and experiencing the real world of work. Career Ready students leave school more work ready having made an informed choice about their future career destiny with a plan in place to achieve it, whether via further/higher education, employment or self employment.
Main purpose of role:
1. Lead and continue to develop our Career Ready partnership in West Lothian, optimising the programme experience for all stakeholders and securing the engagement of new and continuing employer support for the programme. Career Ready is currently operating in 6 of the 11 West Lothian secondary schools, rising to 8 in 2018 and then all 11 schools in 2019. When all schools are involved, we will need one-to-one mentors (and summer internships) from employers for approximately 70 new students each year.
2. Work closely with the Career Ready Scotland team on a continuous improvement agenda that is focused on quality, impact and sustainability underpinned by efficient and effective processes. Work with the Career Ready Business Support Officer to maintain thorough data and management information for the area.
- Programme development
- Stakeholder engagement and business development
- Profile and fundraising
Someone who is driven and inspired by what we do, with a passion that inspires and engages others. This is a role that requires a broad range of skills and experience and an understanding and empathy for the environment we operate in. It’s also a great chance to develop personally.
For more information, please refer to the candidate brief.
Please send your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates clearly, through use of examples, why you think you are the right person for the organisation and the role. Please also provide details of your current salary and how you heard about the vacancy. Email Denise Campbell, Depute Director: email@example.com.
For further information, and if would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact:
- Week commencing 23rd October – Janine McFarland, Glasgow Regional Manager, on 07738 719495
- Week commencing 30th October – Janine or Denise Campbell, Depute Director for Scotland, on 07720 680509.
- Closing date for applications: 12pm, Friday 3rd November 2017
- First stage (interview, assessed activity): November 2017 (Edinburgh)
- Final stage (conversation, assessed activity): November 2017 (Edinburgh)
- Successful candidate takes up post: As soon as possible
Initial screening of candidates may involve a short telephone interview prior to identifying those invited to an interview.