Thank you for your interest in working for Career Ready. We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
Regional Manager: Essex (x2), London, Yorkshire & Humber
- Home Based (Except London)
- £32,000 to £35,000 (pro rata) doe plus 25 days holiday, pension & working at home allowance (except London)
- 35 hours per week (28 hours for Yorkshire)
Career Ready is a national charity that links schools and colleges with employers to prepare young people for the world of work through a programme of regular contact with working people and workplaces.
We are a partner of the government-funded Careers & Enterprise Company extending employer engagement across England and are cited in statutory careers guidance.
We work with 250 schools and colleges across the UK, offering programmes based on our Skills for Career Success learning outcomes, delivered by employer volunteers. The core pillars of our programmes are a series of structured masterclasses, mentoring, workplace visits and work placements. Last year 98% of students leaving our core programme went on to positive destinations.
We recognise the potential in students from all backgrounds, and help them to develop the skills and strengths necessary for long-term career success. A registered charity, our organisation is funded by a combination of charitable donations from corporate supporters, grants from charitable foundations and fees from schools and colleges.
The main purpose of our Regional Managers is to grow, develop and deliver all aspects of the day-to-day account management of:
- Schools and colleges running a Career Ready programme within the region
- Employer supporters, corporate supporters, stakeholders and partners
- Corporate supporters, stakeholders and partners
We are entering a significant period of growth as we aim to treble the number of young people we work with. To support this growth we have 4 vacancies
Main duties and responsibilities
- Recruit new schools and colleges to the network from the region in accordance with priority target areas. Manage their induction, training, activities prior to launch and implementation of the Career Ready programme
- Account manage on a regular basis schools and colleges running the core programme. This will require support visits, managing events for students and corporate supporters, conducting Quality Assurance visits
- Provide regular communication and reporting to the Lead Regional Manager
- Work in close co-operation with head office staff to provide a co-ordinated approach to the wider region, which could include joint regional events and covering for each other
- Promote the contribution of Career Ready and awareness of Career Ready to potential supporters, and assist in engaging their commitment to give both practical and financial support
- Account manage relationships with regional and local corporate supporters and regional or local operations of national corporate supporters
- Attend Local Advisory Boards, where appropriate, at a city or affiliated school or college level
- Help support mentor volunteers
- Ensure that all regional management information is submitted to the national Salesforce database in a timely and accurate way
- Support schools and colleges in the delivery of work placements.
National and strategic management
- Contribute to the corporate work of Career Ready
- With the Chief Executive, Director of Programmes and Lead Regional Manager monitor the state of Career Ready in the region and seek ways to promote its achievements and improve the service given by the central staff team.
- With the National STEM Development Manager help maximise our opportunities with STEM sector employers and STEM-themed Career Ready centres and their students within the region
- With the Programme Directo and other Regional Managers, develop the role of the regional teams. This will require attendance at meetings and training days
- In conjunction with senior staff and the communications team, work to raise the profile of Career Ready in the Regional Manager's area and its key stakeholders in the regional and local media, business and education communities
- Undertake public speaking and media engagements as required to promote the work of Career Ready in the Regional Manager's area.
- Assist schools and colleges on the core programme to plan, manage and run events to promote Career Ready to potential corporate supporters, students, parents/carers and the local community, and be prepared to present at such events
- Attend national Career Ready events such as A Capital Experience
- Arrange and manage regional events including inductions and ice-breakers
- Promote a commitment to high standards of service, and to equality of opportunity through leadership, policy development and good practice. You will be able to build local partnerships with Schools, Colleges and employers with a view to growth with the Career Ready strategic plan. An entrepreneurial spirit allied with a can do attitude will go a long way.
Please note: the Job Description for Essex is slightly different but not substantially so please email via the button below, if you would like to receive a copy. Please mark the subject line Job Description
- Target driven, but able to balance financial and non-financial objectives
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to follow through and achieve results
- Forward planner with excellent time management skills
- Able to deliver targets and objectives, often alone, but also to rise above the detail and take a strategic perspective
- Able to communicate effectively in a wide variety of situations, including formal speaking engagements to large audiences
- Able to reach, network with and communicate to a wide range of stakeholders and potential stakeholders including senior business people, principals of schools and colleges and students
- Able to operate corporately as part of the Career Ready team
- Consultative and supportive management style
- Skilled negotiator, internally and externally
- Ability to use databases, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ‘Office’ packages
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential as ‘out of hours’ meetings are common within the requirements of this role
- Preferably three years within an education role. Experience could have been gained in schools, FE colleges or not-for-profit organisations, but the successful applicant must be able to gain credibility with senior managers in a variety of educational institutions; or
- Three years experience in a not-for-profit organisation involved with young people; or
- Three years experience in a community development or Corporate Social Responsibility role in a company; and
- Evidence of commercial awareness and proven experience of account management.
Salary & Benefits
- £32,000-35,000 (pro rata) per annum plus 6% contribution to personal pension plan, subject to 2.5% employee contribution and £300pa working at home allowance (not applicable for London).
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus bank/public holidays. The office is also closed between Christmas and New Year and there are an additional 2 days of leave available in August
- Appointment will be subject to a 3 month probation period during which time the contract may be terminated with one week’s notice.
- An enhanced criminal record (DBS) check will be required for this role
If you are interested in one of the roles then please apply via the button below.
You will need to submit a CV and a covering letter stating why you believe you are suitable for the role and giving details of your current salary. Please mark your email with London, Essex, Yorkshire in the subject line or text body.
The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 4 March 2018 and interviews will take place in London & Leeds in week commencing 12 March 2018.