We provide a range of volunteering and employer-led activities to enable employers to engage with the workforce of tomorrow. Each activity is designed to ensure that young people are inspired about logistics and have the skills & knowledge to successfully pursue a career in the sector.
Our experience of working with young people through Think Logistics has been really positive. It's incredible how a small bit of support and guidance can make such a massive difference.
Tim Slater, CEO, DHL Supply Chain
How it works
There's a range of ways in which you can get involved either as an individual or as a whole team:
- Mentoring: mentor a young person in secondary or further education, helping them develop the skills & knowledge needed for a career in logistics.
- Masterclasses: deliver a one-hour session on the skills needed for a career in logistics, and share your career story about logistics.
- Paid internships: developing skills first hand in the world of work can transform a young person's career and help you build a diverse talent pipeline.
- Workplace visits: provide young people with a behind-the-scenes tour of your workplace and the chance to see what goes on in a logistics organisation.
- Workshops: deliver a workshop at a local school/college to raise awareness of the logistics industry and excite young people about the careers it can offer.
Impact: delivering for young people & employers
Our programme transforms the career opportunities of young people:
- 98% of our students going onto a positive destination after school/college, compared to the national average of 89%
- 95% of students said they know more about the logistics industry as a result of attending a workshop.
- 73% of students said they are now more likely to consider a career in logistics as a result of attending a workshop.
- 96% of mentors said their mentee had developed their employability skills over the programme
- 93% of young people said that masterclasses increased their understanding of the world of work
It's also a great way for employers to engage with the workforce of tomorrow and develop the skills of their staff:
- 75% of employers said if given the opportunity, that they would hire their Career Ready intern
- 70% of internship supervisors said that, in just four weeks, their coaching skills had improved
Career Ready gives you a chance to develop your people for free. In training sessions, we simulate pressure and take staff out of their comfort zones to help them develop their confidence and skills. Career Ready does that in real life – and there is a great outcome for the kids too.
Steve Lee, Head of Logistics & Engineering, Brighthouse
Think Logistics Network
We are proud to have the support of the following organisations:
This is your chance to tap into a diverse talent pipeline and enjoy the business benefits which we deliver to our network of over 700 employers across the UK.